Interested in Cuboree 2018, here’s what they got up to last year (with a few cameos by the Victor Mob). Registration is open!
Friday night was another special awards presention evening. We welcomed the Cub Leaders to present four Grey Wolf awards to ex-cubs who are now in the Scout Section. We bravely entered the jungle to see Elena, Kate, Riley and Tom receive the awards they worked hard to achieve. Bravo to you all for achieving the highest award in Cub Scouts.
July 21 was a very special night for Victor Scouts. It’s not every day a new Scout leader is invested. It’s not every day 4 new scouts are invested. And it’s very unusual indeed to have 4 blue cords presented. So when it all happens in one night on top of the Kangaroo Point cliffs with a beautiful backdrop of Brisbane at night, it’s a very special night. What a memorable occasion – congratulations to Sugeema, Seraphina, Kate, Ben, Tiernan, Laura, Ellie, Livi and Tash.
Our next working bee is coming up on Sunday 28 May and we need your help to keep the den looking good!
WHERE? Victor Scout Den
WHEN? Sunday 28 May (9am to 12pm)
We have a few tasks that need to be done to improve the appearance, usability and safety of the den.
WHAT TO BRING: Any tools, gardening gloves, hose & pressure cleaner, a ladder would be useful too.
ALL WELCOME! No particular expertise necessary – any time you can spare will be greatly appreciated.
If you don’t have tools, just bring yourselves and your gloves!
The Victor Scout Group Annual General meeting will be held on Monday 22 May at the den. Please arrive by 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start.
- Recap of last year’s accomplishment’s
- Projects going forward
- Special guests
- Election of committee members
Your committee needs you!
If you would like to nominate to be part of a fantastic group of people please get in touch with your Group leader or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chairperson – chair committee meetings.
- Secretary – take minutes of committee meetings.
- Treasurer – manage membership and expenditure for group.
- Assistant Treasurer – record volunteer activities.
- Hall Hire Coordinator – manage the hall hire of the den.
- Grants Coordinator – write and submit grants.
- Assistant Grants Coordinator – help Grants Coordinator.
- BBQ Coordinator – organise BBQ’s to raise money for group.
- Quartermaster – maintain a catalogue of all equipment at the den.
- Maintenance Coordinator – organise quotes for maintenance.
- Blog Coordinator – keep our Blog up to date.
We’ve been selected to participate in Local Matters at Grill’d Camp Hill this March!
Local Matters is the Grill’d community donation program that sees each Grill’d restaurant donate $500 back into the community every month. The donation is split between 3 local community groups $300 / $100 / $100.
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
We’d love your support in receiving the highest $300 donation! Simply head to Grill’d Camp Hill during March for a burger and pop your Local Matters token in our jar. The group with the most tokens at the end of the month receives the largest donation.
It’s a simple (and delicious) way to show your support!
You’ll find us on a jar at Grill’d Camp Hill, Samuel Village Cnr Boundary Road & Samuel Street