Our recently renovated Den is located just off Logan Road, Holland Park in Brisbane’s inner south. It is accessible by stairs and has large windows with natural light and a wooden floor. It features a kitchen, hot water, bathroom/shower and grassed outdoor area with sandstone seating. It has off street parking, and plentiful street parking as well. It is available to rent by the Holland Park and wider Brisbane community at a reasonable cost.
Who do I contact to hire the Scout Hall?
Please email our Hall Hire Coordinator to request a booking. Please include the following information in your email:
- The dates and times you are after.
- Any other particular requirements (e.g. kitchen facilities, trestle tables, chairs etc.).
- An alternative means of contacting you (preferably mobile phone details), in case there is a problem with email.
- For longer term renters, a completed Hall Hire Rental Agreement (although this can also be handed to our Hall Hire Coordinator in person).
When is the Scout Hall in use?
During the school term, our Scout Sections use the hall on the following nights:
- Monday: Cub Scouts 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday: Joey Scouts 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Friday: Scouts and Venturer Scouts 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
We also have some other bookings from time to time, so please contact our Hall Hire Coordinator to check availability.
Who can hire the Scout Hall?
Our Scout Hall has been hired for a variety of purposes, including:
- Martial Arts
- Business presentations and demonstrations
- Private celebrations
- Childrens’ birthday parties (particularly parents organising birthday parties in adjacent Mott Park who want an alternative location in case of bad weather).
Typically we require Hall users to be over 21 years of age.
As we are in a suburban area, noise levels need to be kept to a minimum (particularly after dark).
Hall hire is at the discretion of the Victor Scout Committee.
How much does it cost?
Our charges (which include the use of trestle tables and chairs) are very reasonable, at $20 per hour.
Hall hirers are required to have a COVID-19 safe plan and comply with our COVID-19 cleaning requirements.
Please contact our Hall Hire Coordinator if you need any more information.
How many people are allowed in the Hall?
Under the law, no more than 50 people in total may be in the Hall at any one time.
What facilities are available?
The Hall is equipped with:
- a bathroom with a shower and toilet; and
- a small kitchen (including fridge, microwave and stove).
How can I pay?
You can pay in advance by internet bank transfer, cheque or cash. Our banking details are:
- Bank: Westpac
- BSB: 034-093
- Account: 564440
- Account Name: Victor Scout Group
- Please remember to include your organisation name in the memo field.
Please make cheques payable to the “Victor Scout Group”.
Everyone renting the Hall must arrange their own insurance cover.