We make our hall available to the wider Holland Park and Brisbane community at reasonable cost.
Who do I contact to hire the hall?
Please email our Hall Coordinator to request a booking. When enquiring, please include the following information:
- The dates you require.
- Particular requirements you may have (e.g., kitchen facilities, trestle tables, chairs etc.).
- Alternate means of contacting you, in case there is a problem with email.
- For longer term renters: print out and fill in the Hall Hire Rental Agreement, which can be emailed back to our Hall Coordinator (or handed in when you meet up).
When is the hall in use?
During the school term, our scout groups use the hall on the following nights:
- Monday: Cub Scouts evening 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday: Joey Scouts evening 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Friday: Scouts evening 6:30pm-8:30pm
We also have some existing long term bookings, so please contact hall coordinator to check availability.
Who can hire the Scout Hall?
Many people and groups currently, or have, hired our hall:
- Martial arts Groups.
- Painting Groups.
- Business presentations and demonstrations.
- Private celebrations.
- Parents planning a child’s birthday party in nearby Mott Park who want an alternative location in case of bad weather.
Typically we require hall users to be over 21 years of age. We are in a suburban area, so noise levels need to be kept to a minimum – particularly after dark.
Hall hire is at the discretion of the Victor Scout Committee.
How much does it cost?
For infrequent users, the charges are:
- $40 for a half day (morning or afternoon).
- $80 for a full day.
- $150 for two consecutive days (e.g. Saturday and Sunday).
Regular users may be offered special rates.
There is an additional charge to hire out trestle tables and chairs. Please contact our Hall Coordinator for more information.
How many people are allowed in the hall?
Regulations limit us to 50 people in total.
What facilities are available?
The hall is equipped with:
- Bathroom with shower and toilet.
- Kitchen for light cooking.
How can I pay?
You can pay in advance by internet bank transfer, cheque or cash.
- Bank: Westpac
- BSB: 034-093
- Account: 564440
- Account Name: Victor Scout Group
- Please remember to include your organisation name in the memo field.
Cheques: please make payable to “Victor Scout Group”.
Everyone renting the Hall are expected to arrange their own insurance cover.